Tuesday 19 February 2013

Kinetic text design

i created these phrases within illustrator ( the fonts of my own making were supposed to convey a sense of playfulness) ive always preferred fonts that link together in shape or style which is why i allowed a lot of my lines to flow together which also generates fluidity. using red planes, parachutes, sandcastles and teapots were already evident within my end stop motion so it felt prudent to integrate them as extra details that incorporated delicacy. planes would also allow me to drag the text  across frame without having to worry about it looking out of place. Red white and blue another reference to Britain although i may use a darker blue a shade that matches the end still in which the text will be placed atop. im actually really pleased with how the text looked although the order of appearance will have to be considered as to which elements link together, the steam rising from the teacup will have to follow the teacups arrival ( as one example). although the design itself is probably a little too 60s in style i think it works with my video and i prefer it to some of the fonts used in the 1940s trailers previously researched, since my trailer is made up of videos that i have made myself and stop motions that i have created myself it made more sense to make my own font to continue the handmade style which my trailer revolves around.

No comments:

Post a Comment