Saturday 9 February 2013

Some stills from my third shoot

most of these shots focus on the eyes - i thought that they would create a more striking image- although my trailer is mostly going to be more upbeat and cheerful i do plan on punctuating the beginning with fast snappy shots of eyes that fade from one to the other, i think it would make a more interesting starting point and would relate the speech by displaying various perspectives. as well as this the bbc trailers are fond of starting there own drama trailers with flashes of faces so i wanted to see if it would work within my own.
i really wanted to stylise them in a way that emulated the 1940s era so once again i explored monochrome sepia, grains and desaturation as well as contrast. higher contrast combined with monochrome really made my photographs look dramatic and aged.


i wanted to make the flag a focal point but i didnt it to be obvious so i opted to experiment with placing it in the frame in a more abstract position, in the photograph above i placed it in the foreground underneath her head ( although i think too much of it is hidden for it to be recognisable as the union jack) i also wanted to explore a more high key style since my subject has pale skin so i increased the brightness and then made the small triangle of background visible top left of frame white. overall i'm not convinced i think the style of the photograph looks to modern and the flag too obscure to be included within my trailer.

the sepia toned photograph above is one of my favourites- i think it matches the era nicely which ensures the overall continuity, again i've included a grain to establish age and I've increased the contrast to really darken the eyes ensuring they and the flags are the main focal points. burning the corners of the frame also drew the eye inwards.


the two photographs above are stills from my drinking tea stop motion which i mostly liked because they were a lot darker in lighting and more dramatic which really emphasises the white of the teacup which further cements the sense of britishness that my whole trailer revolves around.


Out of all of my photographs this is my favourite. the fill of the foreground directs the eye down to the flag and i love how the texture i've placed on top of it really gives the image a vintage look. i'd love to include it within my video though its dependant on how the various clips look together.

No comments:

Post a Comment