Sunday 1 June 2014

Submissions for the Show

So I have submitted my possible pieces to the show- I did this a while back but completely forgot to blog about it. In accordance to the brief we have to submit 2 possible print pieces and 2 motion graphics. We have been told that our motion graphics work will most likely get in the show reel anyway so neither of these are my first choice.

2 motion graphics





I really love my latest Tv world I definitely think that its one of my best pieces of motion graphics.



This is the actually the second to last version of my game promo- I couldnt find the original file with the larger text (since I exported it out at the wrong format I had to go back and re-export it at H.264). However its only a minor tweak thats missing it doesn't effect the work itself- although due to this fact its the second choice for my motion graphics pieces.


2 For print

 My Cath Kidston print is one that I am exceptionally proud of and I'm definitely happy with this as a print- my only concern is that the design might appear a little too delicate and not be as impacting in the space. For this reason I plan on submitting this image as brochure content since I think it will work on a smaller scale.
I have made a Brighton Lights poster using my Latest TV Graphics- I had to edit it a little bit in order to make it the correct size since it was previously very tiny. This meant redoing the background- which is why its a little darker than in the Latest TV motion graphics adn resizing the main image. Thankfully my main design was in Illustrator so it could be resized to whatever and I only had to add a grain and additional contrast to make it work. I also had to convert to cmyk- which has made the design a little paler- but I have been told that the printer will be able to pick up all the colours and the more I look at it the more i forget the older version (so its probably only noticeable if you had both of the worlds side by side). This is my first print choice and one that I intend to give to Connor to send to the printers.

No comments:

Post a Comment