Thursday 27 December 2012

Making the book cover- the text


 
I couldnt find any premade fonts that looked how i wanted my title to look so i opted to make my own, drawing it out using the pen tool. i wanted it to match the rest of my design but i also wanted to intergrate a playful element so i decided to generate something with a jagged angular cut out look which obviously concurred with the silhouette chess pieces.im not really sure if its of the deco period but it matches and works well in my design so im happy.

i paired my hand-drawn title with OCR std typewriter font which i then used for the smaller text on the rest of the cover ( author name, Phillip Marlowe mystery introduction by Ian Rankin) i made this font bolder by adding a white stroke. i plan on using this font ( which is more reminicient of the cliche detective) for my blurb although i dont plan on including the stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment