Thursday 27 December 2012

Making the Poster in Photoshop 1

since i designed my book cover in Illustrator and the brief specifically asked for photoshop software to be used i decided to create my poster in photoshop which would allow me to use a varitey of filters and textures.
since my cover had to be on the poster i saved by poster as both a working illustrator files and an adobe pdf in order to open it within photoshop.
i found this simple upright shutter stock book image on the internet and thought it would make a perfect base for my book cover. since both the back and front of my book cover convey the big sleep storyline best together ive decided to place both the back and front on the poster. i knew that a black bacground would generate more of a contrast so i filled the background layer before introducing my two covers.

since the penguin template seperated by design clearly into back front and spine it was easy to copy each half of the cover and place them atop my base book. in order to align the angles correctly i went to edit-transfort and then distort which enabled me to stretch both covers across the book base.
after this was completed i incorporated the simple heading which i made to match my blurb. a simple fill rectangle as a frame and an OCR typewriter font.

No comments:

Post a Comment