Friday 25 April 2014

Branding Poster Pitch...

We all pitched our poster designs on wednesday - mine was well received a lot of the class voted for mine when it came down to overall branding (thank you guys!) and a some others voted for Connors. I think generally it was felt that our posters were strongest. After discussion my poster was sadly ruled out as a branding idea because it was deemed to personal, to complicated and not easy to use for the overall branding. Whilst I don't mind that my poster was ruled out (Im not overly fussed) I really don't like the 8 bit branding style pitched- I just don't think its what we as a class are about - we don't focus on games or make them and it feels very dated and horribly restrictive in such a way that I think it will look awful as branding. I think that people were keen to make something professional and sleek (something that I do not like as a style) and Im concerned that our whole branding for the student show will come across as boring and unoriginal because of it. I definitely don't feel that the poster should just be text based - I think that in order for it to be eye catching there has to be imagery and illustration something that really shows what we as designers are about. Pictures and imagery was present in almost all of my researched exhibition posters so I know that its an aspect that is a key element in regards to real exhibition advertising.

Also when Dan and Andrew went into Sue's class to ask the BA's something, they were told that the second years shouldn't be deciding on anything yet especially without the consent of the BA's so in order to cover myself I plan on designing a few other posters with different names just in case our name and concept are dismissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment