Tuesday 30 October 2012

The Pitch

The pitch went well - it was interesting trying to explain my development to others it helped to clarify my design ideas and helped to ensure that i hadn't strayed too far from the brief.




















 

The response to my final design was very positive, the only thing to consider was my font choices and whether i stick with a basic hand drawn bubble font rather than a similar font taken from my spanish propaganda poster. i plan to try out both before deciding but i think that my peers were correct and a more spanish curled styled font would detract from my overall design.
The design above is what I've come up with so far i'm really pleased i think i've successfully managed to combine the spanish propaganda poster style with Facebook's modern aspect and the modern work of propaganda artist Steve Thomas. i've included the angularity of the spanish character and kept the block colours and placed emphasis on shape but i've also included the block symbol shield ( inspired by Steve Thomas' virus poster) and altered the colour scheme to ensure Facebook's representation.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment