Friday 22 March 2013

Nature websites

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/


after all of my initial research into websites i wanted to finish my research by exploring a website whose content vaguely  related to out own theme natural wonders, so i looked at the bbc's nature website. the site above used sharp photographs as and  a green colour on their type face to establish a 'natural' theme, separating each of its sections through the use of square boxes and a two column layout,  the banner at the top of the frame highlights the top navigation which has a left side position on the page. simple button colour changes when buttons are hovered over gives the site a sense of interactivity and i really like the image galleries which accompany each article, something i plan to place within my own website. to me the bbc site is incredibly professional it manipulates clean lines, the white background is unobtrusive and the page is very simple and accessible (and though i do plan to keep the structure of my own site very simple and use a two column layout like this one) i think that the site itself  is bland, its style doesnt  engage me- its subject matter has a lot of scope and it seems as though this isnt being fully utilised. in my own website i plan to use a much more visual style to ensure interest and to offset my content, since my site is aimed at A level students i feel that the overall engagement of my audience to my site is going to be reliant on its visuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment