Monday 27 January 2014

Drawing the house....

 I started designing the house because it was the easiest shape to start with. I took a lot of inspiration from the house from Mr Darcy's house in the 2005 film, but I did mix this with elements from the house used in the 1995 Tv version as well as elements that I knew were prominent within architecture in the 1800s (the pillars and the central steps).
 I began by putting basic squares together to create the basic elements to the house, I used a thick stroke on the base squares so I didnt get confused by the brick lines- the bricks have a nice softish pencil stoke to them so I plan on using this stroke overall to soften the angularity of the house and keep it within a Cath Kidston style.
 I placed one of my colour schemes in the background to test out how it would look and to help me design which colours would look better against it. I took the cream from the London Guard Landmark print and I think it really matches the design period.
 I altered the doorway completely so it looks a bit more grander and more period appropriate than the doorway I had previously drawn. It also meant that I could add an arched doorway which provoked contrast against the squareness of entire house.
I put in the Cath Kidston logo in the top rectangle which I thought would introduce some branding. I also noticed that in her patterns the name is a recurring element so I thought it would be good to include.
I have softened all the lines and made them into the pencil stroke. Overall I am very happy with the style and I am excited about continuing. I would change the background colour to get the three different colour schemes but the colours within each element would remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment