Tuesday 7 January 2014

YCN Briefs

The new project requires us to choose one of the YCN briefs, the briefs are a part of the YCN student award so it is a live project. The idea is that we adhere to the guidelines of the brief we choose so that we can submit.

All The Briefs

Bear
Boost
Cath Kidston
Champneys
Decc
Domino's Pizza
Eastpack
Fedrigoni
Femfresh
LTA
Marriott Hotels
Morrisons
Nescafe Azera
Oasis
Petplan
Redrow
Royal Albert Hall
Standard Life

After looking into all of the briefs I narrowed it down to my favourite choices: Bear, Cath Kidston and Fedrigioni. I dismissed the other briefs because I found the subject matter too broad or dull, I wanted to find a brief that allowed me to play to my strengths; illustration, but at the same time I didnt want to waste time making a decision. After consideration I ruled out the Fedrigoni brief because the final outcome a desktop calendar advertising the Woodstock range of paper did not give me any scope to really design, I was only initially interested because I liked the physicality, the sculptural element that could be introduced.  Bear looks like a fun playful brand but I think there too much of a typographical element to it- although I like designing my own text I think coming up with original ideas would be hard for this brand. Due to this I'm pretty much decided on the Cath Kidston brief- designing a new print- it allows me to really experiment with Illustrator in a drawing style that is very different to my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment