Saturday 15 March 2014

Illustration Brighton Pier and Welcome Sign...


I was most worried about the pier design because its the most complicated of my elements. I also worried about the colouring since the actual pier consists mostly of greys. In order to ensure a pier that matched the rest of my elements I decide to use various shades of blue with hints of grey which actually gave my design an igloo look. I had issues with the pieces at the end because the end of Brighton pier actually has a mini theme park with  a big hammer ride since I didnt want to put anything with too much height at the end (it wouldnt work with my world design) I opted instead to use smaller elements- the carousel, the tube slide and a turret filled up the space nicely.

The welcome to Brighton sign is an element that I thought was necessary since it grounds the entire world instantly. I plan on placing extra emphasis on the welcome sign at the beginning and then using the same sign and replacing it with welcome to Latest TV or Brighton Lights.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica i love your pier design, could we possibly get permission to use it as part of our logo?

    ReplyDelete