Saturday 15 March 2014

Illustration Artwork (Duke of York's)...

I began drawing all the different locations specified in Illustrator, other than the artworks previously researched I wasnt really designing with a specific style in mind. I was of course aiming for a retro look with lots of solid fills and bold colours. The style is entirely my own- I wanted to keep it bold and fun although I tended to exaggerate the colours that I used. I really wanted to highlight the paper cut out style that I investigated in my moped people so it was important to include a sense of depth an shading within the locations.  


 I placed the main duke of yorks building within its own world (mostly as a tester since I intend to make a big world with all the different locations on it) I created some generic Brighton esc houses to frame the outside edges of the world. I really like my background which was the first stage of a sunset that I would darken gradually until it was night.

 Actually really like the boldness of the silhouette and plan on using something like this as a possible sting.


I played about with lights in photoshop (since I know that you can also use lights in after effects) to see what it could look like and was pleased with the soft dappled lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment