Saturday 15 March 2014

.Illustration, The North Laines and The Royal Pavillion,

I felt that I had a good enough idea as to how the world would work as a whole so I decided that I could now comfortably design and make the additional elements without placing them within their own worlds. The North Laines was by far the easiest element to draw. I based the lampposts of the more old fashioned ones since I have made some more modern ones to be placed around the world accordingly and I didn't want the Laines to blend in with those. Simple three lines of shading around the edges helped to create a 3 dimensionality whilst the smaller lights wrapped around the lampposts provided the right amount of detail to match my previously made buildings. 

The Pavilion was the hardest building to draw because it was detailed (there were also a lot of curves and curves are harder to shade because each curve has to be adjusted when placed on top of one another.) It wasnt actually on the list of locations suggested but I thought that It was more well  known than the church (the shape more iconic and Val had no issues with it).
 When the pavilion is lit up at night it generally has a purple sheen so Im thinking in the closeups of the pavilion during the opening credits the fairy lights are gonna change to purple.


No comments:

Post a Comment