Tuesday 25 March 2014

The first Opening Sequence...



This first video is what I submitted for Val as a finished animation. The emails in the last post regard this version of the opening sequence. Val really liked it - she seemed very enthusiastic. I am also very proud of it although I have some changes of my own that I plan on making. Thankfully in this project I really utilised the composition tool element which I didnt do in the last animation project which will make it easier to change aspects. The spinning world with the various lights that light up as the world revolves is one composition I have used throughout to keep the movement continuous. It was Jims idea to make one world (which saved me Illustrator time on making each individual scene) to which I am grateful because I love how it has turned out.

Val and Latests Changes...

Val would like me to integrate two close ups of the extra presenters Bill mentioned in his email. I was happy to do this one because I think it helps to break up the scenes a bit and provide additional focal elements. The only concern I had with this aspect was that I was worried that the presenters wouldnt look like the actual people. Since I had a square ish retro style I knew that the faces didnt have to look exactly right but they still had to be approximations.


Taking out the words- according to Bill the words look too twee- whilst I disagree with this completely (I feel like the words help to fill the screen and look very Brighton) I plan on just providing Latest with a no words version since it wont take me long to turn of the appropriate layers.

It was pointed out to me that it was the North Laine not Laines- obviously this is my mistake- so I plan on changing that to both my project and Latests- Im hoping I can just replace the footage since I have exported everything out as same size pngs (I had to put a grain on a lot of my images- didnt like the grain within after effects so it made sense to export as pngs so I could manipulate in Photoshop).

My changes...

I want to experiment with colourful mopeds- I really think changing the colour will help to make them look more individual..

Possibly add some lights into the opening Welcome to Brighton sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment