Saturday 15 March 2014

Vals correspondance...

I have had a fair few emails from Val, although its hard to translate what she actually wants -

I have so far presented Val with screenshots of my world - which she loved- it was clear she thought it was good and she was happy with it.

A storyboard - which she seemed to understand but didnt have a great deal to say about it even after i sent her a detailed explanation.

A video from which my movement will be based- she liked it and could see where I wanted to take the movement for the title sequence.

Mock up people on mopeds- she stated that I was on the right track

In regard to the people there have been some issue- the people are supposed to be the presenters of the show riding through Brighton on mopeds- initially I asked for details on hair colour and skin tone since it was decided early on to keep them fairly generic and have them wear goggles I only really needed those details. Val send back a few vague sentences with a few names to look up on the site (entirely unhelpful as I dont know what they look like an who they are on the show). She then called me to inform me that another presenter had been added an 80 year old woman. It was then deiced that I put full on helmets and goggles on my people to keep them really generic- the only thing noticible would be the hair colour- since I didnt want to spend too much time or really have the time to design the presenters by themselves I have also kept them in the same biker uniforms with slight changes to build and helmet colour. Val said that this was a good idea since it had already been settled that some of the presenters were going to have to be cut out since it would be too many in frame. After which i recieved a confusing email describing presenter characteristics (vague but better and would have been handy when I asked for them) i emailed back questioning the relevance of the email since we had a phone conversation about keeping the characters generic and Vals response was to do whatever I thought best.

So from what I can extrapilate I am doing well but Val is frustratingly vague at times even when pushed its becoming clear that she doesnt really know what she wants which is great because I plan on running with my own designs and then tweaking to meet her approval. I have made sure to tell her that nothing in the drawings can be changed from this point forward and other than some minor changes to the presenters everything seems to be fine. I have had no response from music guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment