Friday 16 May 2014

Invite Colour Schemes...

Chloe - head of invites- wanted my poster in a variety of colours to be printed as postcards for the show. So collectively we worked together to figure out some new colour schemes for the invitations, we both decided that the background images should be removed for the A5-A6 size cards- in order to create a bolder design (we also werent sure if it would work as well on a smaller scale) so we opted to keep simple fill backgrounds. After much experimenting we settled on three additional colour schemes to go with the red and blue background.

 I really like the black and pink colour scheme- its probably too girly - but as its just one colour set out of four I think it adds a chic feel to it- I also think the pink really offsets the black objects which have a high contrast.
 The purple and green is probably my favourite colour iteration - i prefer it to the original red and blue - I think its a bit funkier and I like the vibrancy of the purple tone.
I dont like the orange and yellow colour scheme at all really but we needed a lighter sunnier tone- to offset the others and this was the only yellow combination that looked workable. So whilst I dont think its amazing I think it works well with the collective.

No comments:

Post a Comment