Monday 19 May 2014

What I have done for the Show so far...

In class I've actually been losing steam mostly because everything that we can do has been done at this point- but in order to clarify my involvement with the show (since we are being graded on this) im going to list my contributions thus far.

Contributed heavily to the name discussion,

Contributed heavily to the discussion regarding how the branding should look after our poster pitch

Produced a branding poster (we have all submitted these, but as my poster was chosen as branding, I have resized and tweaked to meet the full needs of the show- adding a more interesting background and all the right text etc)

Produced branding poster colour variations- with the help of Chloe Honeysett and (Gina Allen as an additional judge) additional colour schemes for the branding poster were carefully selected to provide variety.

Produced a page full of different logos to be used within the invitations, the show reel and the press release (I left he final choice up to the others since I didnt really have a preference, since I made about 25 lots of different people liked different ones so when Connor needed the logo for the back of the invite Connor made the final logo choice).

Gave Gina Allen pieces of work that could be tweeted about on the twitter page.

Helped briefly with the printing of the invites- (Chloe and Connor had/have this handled) but a few times I have voiced opinions on invite sizes and prices on our two print websites- not my domain at all and very light pointers on my part.

After saying that I had nothing to do for the show anymore teacher Andrew suggested that I look into promoting the show on Linked in but after looking into linked in an creating an account - I found that it wasnt a site used for that purpose- its a site used for designers looking for jobs to put their cvs on - its not really used for show/exhibition/work promotion.

Since linked in was a bust I made sure that I shared the dots per inch page on my Facebook page (my mum has liked it so far). Whilst I have a twitter account I dont use it so I have no followers whatsoever so I didnt really think that tweeting about the show would actually be of any use, especially since Gina seems to have twitter under control.

Paid in 30 pounds

Stuff that I will be helping with

Putting up work in the show space/helping with layout (although this of course will be a joint effort)

Probably have a hand in helping Connor print everything- since its a big job for him alone (depending on whether he needs it or not) I was originally in the print section but I had the branding to worry about at the time so I sort of faded from that area. Now the branding is done I can now rejoin if needed (none of this can happen till wednesday since the BA's need to submit work and it probably wont go to the printers straight away because we will get the work on a wednesday afternoon and I think the print office is closed). Printing will probably not commence until the monday after.

Stuff I have done for personal promotion
Produced a responsive portfolio site (my twitter page) with my own personalised banner design

Made sure that all of my work is on Behance and is copyright protected under a creative commons licence.

Produced postcard designs (rather than business cards) to hand out around the show with my email, website and behance portfolio.


At the moment I feel like I have done all my input into the show - Im not sure if anyone feels the same- but I think we have done everything we can do at the moment. I have also been really organised with my own personal promotion (im really proud of my postcard designs)- I think its because I got excited and did all my tasks quickly - now I have nothing really to do until printing.



No comments:

Post a Comment