Wednesday 29 January 2014

Drawing the tea party...


The tea party was the next element that I drew, this time I created the simple outline of the table first and opted to introduce the shaded brush strokes for the other elements. I had two real shades of grey to use as well as black and white so I had to be careful with my colour mixing, I wanted to give it a watercolour wishy washy style in order to mimic the Cath Kidston postcard print so I opted to shade using brushes and altered the opacity along the edges to create the watery effect. 
 I made sure to include the green lines of grass in order to give it a sense of weight and space. I didnt want it to be a random floating element within the print and the whole mini design needed some additional strokes of colour which the green provided.
 I added some stylised roses on the table cloth that are loosely based on Kidston roses but I gave them a different style simply because  I wanted them to match the overall line watercolour feel that my whole design encapsulates.
This is the final table- the table is based off some 1800 tables found on google- I gave it the little swirled edges in order to match the swirled design on the house. It's not quite right in my opinion but I am fairly happy with it. I plan on seeing how well it matches my house before deciding if it needs tweaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment