Friday 10 January 2014

Initial Ideas/Thoughts...

Ideas for a concept- I don't want to do anything thats been done so a lot of the iconic british themed ideas are going to have to be disregarded.

So to include- 29year old female TA, British history/cultural roots, 40s influences in colour and style

Concepts I've come up with so far:

British Coast- light houses/boats- already been done, although there would be room to play in this area if I included a deck chair bad weather theme of some description. Mermaids and various sea creatures could be included within this somehow- as a part of British folklore.

Fairytales- would allow me a theme and give me something to work from- not necessarily British- would need to research.

Castles- already been done

Birds- coastal birds- Although birds have already been explored birds could be integrated into my design ideas and could help to keep the designs grounded in Kidston's theme.

Tea Pots-  Tea is inherently British- it would be good to include a teapot/teacup/teaparty of some description especially since I think it would really work in the Kidston style.

Morris Dancers- British country side- dark morris dancers - possibility although it needs to be looked into and would it appeal to the TA?

Stonehenge- An iconic british landmark that has yet to be explored- but there is little to draw around them and the shape of stone henge itself isn't exactly intricate and engaging (may not fit stylistically)

Pride & Prejudice/ Downton- At the moment period dramas are hugely popular particularly with middle aged women- there would be a theme that I could draw inspiration from and the time frame would also look iconically vintage- definitely my strongest theme to date

No comments:

Post a Comment