Friday 25 April 2014

My Design so far...

This is the design that I have come up with so far- Ive tried to place my collection of objects randomly together but in a way that fills most of the space. Ive incorporated some additional geckos to reference the Barcelona trip which I thought would apply to the BA's as well. Ive also included the 24 dots per inch and my slogan just to try and have a bit of fun with the name. This set of designs is very much inspired by Pattullo's black and white print although I have tried it with a reversed black and white colour way and in red just to see how it would look. Ideally the BA's would all have to pick and object to represent themselves as well to make it fair- I have hidden all our names in and left spaces for the BAs names just because I thought it was a more personalised touch! 


I much prefer the black on white- I think it looks a bit more striking and though Im happy with my design - the train ticket in particular is one of my favourite aspects- I do think that its missing something- perhaps a spongy dappled texture on the solid colours to make it looks more printed?
Since a lot of us get the train into college I wanted to include a train ticket but I decided that it would be a bit clever if I put on all the details about the show on it- I know for a fact that there are 13 of us second years hence the 13 undergraduates but I wasnt sure about the BA's I guessed 11 but I obviously need to check tis number!

I played around with different coloured backgrounds but I think that If a different colour is used then the objects have to be changed colour wise to match - which isnt too hard just a little fiddly in areas! Overall Im happy with what I have produced- Ive tried to include everyone- everyone has there little aspect- and if the design gets chosen then arguably each person could produce a little illustration of what they want to represent themselves and then these could be put together so everyone gets a little piece of the branding.

No comments:

Post a Comment