Monday 21 April 2014

Other Graduate Posters...

I began by researching other graduate posters to get ideas for my own branding. I tried to find posters that were advertising Illustration/ Graphics/ Media/ Art since I felt like they would probably be the most inventive and visually appealing.

The poster above is typography based- something I plan on avoiding but I love the styling and the colours in the poster-  the jaunty angle of the text matches the cut out styling and I like the smaller text with the white rectangle background. The splatter effect helps to create a more interesting background.

I love the black and white cluster of objects I like how theres a lot to look at and how the cluster of shapes fill most of the poster which is effective in provoking interest and filling the page. I like the shape of scissors and the sunglasses which have a lovely rounded edge and slight gradient.

This was the wolverhampton university graduation poster. I really love the colours- the pink and green are especially vibrant and I love how the pink really draws the interest. The scratchy textural brush strokes help to give the flat shapes some three dimensionality. I like how the colour palette used has a hippie feel. 


I really love the astronaut in this poster- I actually really the sense of scene- theres a landscape theres background stars, a foreground character all of which give the poster a sense of story.  The black and white keeps the poster very clean although I think a hint of colour could have looked more striking. I also like how the dot to dot title has been integrated into the scene which make the poster more balanced. The main title has been framed by all the drawing which also helps to ensure interest.
I included this poster because its very random idea- the headless faceless people are are unique concept and I really like the swirly handwritten type which intergrates well into the poster. The concept is what caught my eye initially and I do really like the styling which is quirky and has a painted look.

No comments:

Post a Comment