Sunday 11 May 2014

Banner Design for My Portfolio Site...

After toying with a few simple typographical iterations of my name (and finding them too frustratingly bland) I opted to create a banner out of something random- initially my first idea was to try out making my name out of lights (like the lights made for Latest TV) but I quickly scrapped it because it looked odd. Ideally in my head I wanted my site to use a white background- since I think it works as a nicer offset to the bold colours of my work. In order to do this my banner would have to work without a background colour.



My first official design had the right idea but I thought my name looked a little too obscure on the clothes line- so I opted to develop it further. The design below is very much inspired by Briony May Smith's header but I wanted to make something thinner (since thin banners are common within Flikr, Facebook and other potentially promotional sites). Im really proud of my design I like the madness to the concept, although I am still unsure as to whether my little bird is too realistic in comparison to the rest of the design and whether this even matters because its such a small element. Thus far very happy with it - depending on how the project goes depends on how much I tweak the design!


No comments:

Post a Comment