Thursday 22 May 2014

Sue and BA Meeting...

We had a meeting with Sue and the BA's it was incredibly awkward. They pitched their own branding posters and accompanying movie clips (they had also been tasked to make clips promoting the show- like trailers). I can't say I really got or liked their stuff it seemed a little odd- getting away from the digital (but I don't really get that because we are a digital course everything we do is digital) and some of the concepts hadn't been refined enough (they had concepts but in my opinion they would require too much refinement and wouldn't be ready in time). One of the designs was also very impractical because it depicted pill bottles which inferred that we as designers were all on drugs (of course this wasn't intentional but it was indadvertedly implied). When Sue then suggested that we vote- Shirley brought up that the invites had all been printed with my design. They were irritated that we had had them printed- I dont think printed invites was something that they wanted to do- although I think it works well as a better hook- people see something visual and they are intrigued- I get why they would be annoyed that we had done this without them but unfortunately in order to maintain good show timing we had to get moving with the project and we were given the go ahead by Andrew. In the end the BA's opted to use ours (I am very glad because we have spent a long time on this and because I wasn't convinced on the BA's pitches as final ideas).

No comments:

Post a Comment