Friday 2 May 2014

Self Promotion Design Number 1..!

So this is what I have come up with as my first design so far- Ive drawn myself as best as I am able (I think it looks a bit like me so I am happy) sitting on a teapot. I noticed that when drawing the teapot that it reminded me of an elephant trunk so I decided to turn the whole teapot into an elephant - adding the shape of an ear, feet and an eye. I opted to put something really random on the teapot because the whole design has a very random quality fish were the first things that came to mind hense the fish pattern. I knew that the design needed something else and since theres not enough room I thought that adding biscuits would be a nice alternative. Biscuits would also enable me to bring in some additional colours I was pretty limited in my colour palette so adding in some soft yellows and browns helped to provide contrast. I opted to add some brightly coloured triangles into the steam just to make the top half of the design more interesting and after much deliberation opted to use the same font that I had used in the previous branding experiments. I then exported the whole image as a png and put it into photoshop to play around with textures and shadow, I think that leaving it clean is my best option and I definitely like how the drop shadow integrates depth. Overall I am very happy with what I have produced!

 The image above is one with a grain and altered contrast, I think that its too much with the grain and I prefer it without. Below are some different colour iterations for the background but I think the blue contrasts best.


No comments:

Post a Comment