Friday 2 May 2014

Self Promotion Inspiration Research...


I looked into a lot of other illustrators and designers to see how they promoted themselves. Since most of the people I looked at seemed to be drawers/ illustrators most of their self promotion included their illustrated work.  I like the idea of filling the front of a business card or postcard with some of my work (or something new to really advertise myself) since I think illustration is really my realm.






I have noticed that on a lot of business cards the illustrators tend to draw themselves or include some kind of representational character- If I made more than one business card design then this would provide a nice link between designs, but I also think that it makes it more personal.



I really like the style of the card above the drawing itself is quirky and the level of detail really draws the eye. The red and blue colours used on the face really help to give it a slightly more abstract idea and I like the shapes included on the cheeks which gives it a nice jaunty quirk.

Different designs with a common theme is a possible idea since it provides variety as well as working together coherently. 

I have since had the idea to draw myself coming out of a teapot (since I have  a great love of tea) and It was suggested by my mother to include a teabag with each postcard that I make- possibly with a little note like have a cup of tea and look up my work (obviously in a more lyrical manner) which I think will help peopleremember me and my work more.


No comments:

Post a Comment