Friday 16 May 2014

Self Promotional Postcard Design Number 2...

So I really liked my first promotional postcard design, but I felt like I could benefit from a little variety, in much of my research many illustrators provided at least two pieces of artwork to promote themselves- or variations of one at least. I kept with the same tea theme, I contemplated making a diving image, a me inside a rubber ring (represented by a party ring) but finally settled on a mermaid version of myself in a teacup bath. I kept the same triangles and flag design and used the same fish and colour scheme to maintain overall continuity. My mermaid self was inspired by the fish on the side of the teacup and I wanted to make the design fantastical in some way so the tail fit the bill!


 I do like the yellow background- its very bright and happy - Im not sure if I like it better than the green- but ill have a think before I get it printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment