Sunday 11 May 2014

Tumblr Themes Research...

I plan on using tumblr to make my portfolio site (since coding is not my forte) but before doing so I began by researching various responsive Tumblr themes.
A quick google search led me to this site : http://themeguide.tumblr.com/ which had a great deal of responsive tumblr themes to choose from. It was important for me to choose something that could be heavily customised to suit my style which is one of the factors I used to narrow down my theme choice.
I felt that these three in particular were my best options and played around with each of them during the initial creation of my site.
 Although from a photographical perspective the lack of space between the image creates an even moodboard, I found that when putting in any of my illustrations it looked too bold (there was too much going on, a lot of my images need breathing space) from a design perspective if I decide to explore other illustrative styles then this theme is very limiting since I think in order for it to work well there needs to be a cohesive style.
 I liked the Belle theme above- but I had issues trying to customise it- it didn't seem to like the image that I placed at the top of the heading and it required a permanent avatar which I didnt like since I wanted to create a banner at the top and then have my work with nothing to interfere with the overall look.

In the end I settled on the simplest of the themes that I could find- it allowed me to incorporate my own header- control the amount of columns and fully customise to my preference - overall happy so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment