Wednesday 11 December 2013

Evaluation...


I am really really proud of what I achieved within this project I  love the style and the overall theme. I love how my fruit looks and I really like how it works within my retro theme. Im really happy with my promo I think its dynamic and fun which completely matches my overall theme. Ive tried to ensure that my brand is always promoted through the use of colour and type and I had a lot of fun making my promo. I would have liked to have an additional second at the end of my promo because it ends a bit fast but I'm already at the 10% additional timing allowed. I planned my timing much better this time round in this project so I dont have any issues with that, After Effect was easy to use and I think I've done well integrating all my elements. I would have liked to explore some more complicated effects in After Effects but my project didn't require anything complex and I had so much going on it was easier to just use the simple transform tools.

I like the look of my game and I am generally happy with my app visualisation, but I found the visualisation much more stressful to generate because it had a lot of fiddly elements. Making the game was the hardest element because I had to have a lot of pears falling at one point to make the game. Pre-comping my segments was helpful because I could repeat certain frames throughout as and when I needed it. I used text and a click circle to display the gestures which makes it clear on both iPad and iPhone. I have used the same visualisation for both iPad and iPhone primarily because we had very little time. I found through my research that games dont really tend to change on iPad or iPhone though so Im not worried about using the same animation for both although if I had had more time I would have liked to make my navigation on the iPhone fractionally larger. I also made sure that my sizes of my animation matched the official iPhone and iPad sizes already researched.

Overall I liked my project initially but there was too much to do and not enough time to do it so it became incredibly stressful (I dont think its got anything to do with my time management either because I was very organised). I also found that the negative comments voiced by one lecturer on my type choices despite my justification of its use really knocked my confidence because it made me feel like what I had produced was a bit rubbish, although after getting a few more opinions on the type by my other lecturers that were positive on the subject I felt a lot better about my project. I think that the text and style are down to personal preference and personally I am very happy with what I've made. I definitely think I've explored a new style and I think this that my promo in particular is one of my favourite finished pieces.














No comments:

Post a Comment