Monday 2 December 2013

Illustrator Drawings....

These are my current creations, I decided to focus on the promo first since I can use a lot of the elements within my game- the fruit for instance below can simply be scaled down and used as the falling fruit within my app. I wanted to soften my pop art style because I felt that using just flat fill shapes would be boring so I have incorporates a sense of shade and rounded shape through the introduction of curves flat shapes of colour that I have overlapped in different areas throughout. The white outline in the background helps to separate my shapes from the bold fill background and is an element that I'm definitely retaining within my game. 

 I incorporated smaller and slightly more manic dots  (than is typically seen in pop art)  which helps to highlight shape and break up the solid colours within. This was harder to do on both the strawberry and the lemon because I didn't want the dots to interfere with in the seeds and dotted texture already evident within both.



I really like my strawberry, I think its one of my favourites, although it was the hardest to create because of the overlapping yellow seeds. All of the fruits that I've created were actually relatively simple, mostly I used fill shape bases and then added stripes of solid colour to get the shading. Adding the dots was made easier by simply making each shade into a scatter brush which I then applied along simple paths.  They have come out looking very retro and vibrant which is what I was going for so I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment