Monday 2 December 2013

Illustrator Backgrounds...

I made my Illustrator backgrounds (backgrounds that would offset the fruit already displayed) by basing the overall designs on 70's wall paper each background contains a colour that is evident within my solid fruit (for example my apple will sit within an orange background so the circular based background contains elements of orange etc..) I did this mostly so that there was a sense of continuity within my designs and scenes. 
 All of the retro styled backgrounds are heavily shape influenced and I'm glad I thought to include a white outline within my fruit since it then allows for separation between background and foreground.  Ideally the strawberry would be placed on the background above since the solid red contrasts with the softer oranges and browns and the rounded shape of the strawberry contradicts the squares.
 The apple would be situated on the circle background above- I colour co-ordinated it so the apple contrasts against it.

 I love the pink background above which has been made for the pear its my favourite, based of the elongated shapes that I noticed were favoured in the 70's wallpaper research.
 The backgrounds above have been created to portray a split screen effect for 4 of my elements. Ive added a bit of pop art style texture to make it more interesting and I plan on having the colours swap over every now and then to mimic my musics beat.  The background is very much inspired by Warhol and I've tried to really emphasise that through my colour choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment