Tuesday 10 December 2013

Type Choices...

I knew that there would be a text element within my project, and I have based my choices on my Brothers Brand. The Brothers logo is straight bold and to the point- the type face is if not exactly that (then exceptionally close to) the Impact font which is the font I plan on using for all my main bits of type. Impact is also bold and simple enough to remind me of the speech bubbles used within comics and although it is clunkier than some of the Roy Lichtenstein examples researched earlier- its big, bold and so entirely integrated into the Brothers Brand it has to be used. To contrast this font and after much examination of the Brothers label I have also opted to used the Apple Chancery font for any smaller bits of writing, this font is certainly thin enough to cement this idea of a comic bubble as well as also mimicking swirly font used within the Brothers label. Although the Ms and S' differ the rest of the letters are very similar which is why I plan on using it although there will really only be hints of it so as not to overwhelm. Ideally I would have also have liked to construct my own version of Glastonbury's hollywood sign to use for my bulk text but I do not have the time to generate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment