Sunday 9 February 2014

Changes and Colourways...


I made the changes- straightening up the chandelier in the middle and mirroring the wax stamp so they are facing in the correct direction. The pattern is much better balanced now which makes it look more successful. In order for it to adhere to the Kidston brief three different colour ways were required. The cream was always going to be one of my background colours but I didnt have any real ideas as to what my other two colours could be. I experimented with a few different colour ways but only 4 really worked.
I disregarded the grey because I dont think its a warm enough shade, although it doesnt look too bad against the pattern I dont think its quite right.

 The brown is actually one of my favourite background colours- it reminds me of brown wrapping paper which definitely suits the overall style. It provides contrast against the blues and pinks and gives the rest of the pattern a sense of warmth which coincides with my theme as well.
I'd already placed my pattern on soft pastel backgrounds  and I wanted to display how it would work on a brighter colour. I am actually really happy with the pink- the blue looks really vibrant against it and its dark enough to fully display all of my aspects. It really makes the frame of swans stand out.



No comments:

Post a Comment