Sunday 9 February 2014

Drawing the Chandelier...


I didn't originally plan to include the chandelier but I realised that I had six completed elements and that if I wanted to create a more random pattern that I would need an extra element to generate an imbalance. 

 I actually started by shading, using rounded brushes at different opacities to create a swirly chandelier shape (I had already used a swirly form within the tea party table, and the house, so I wasn't worried about using another curved shape).
 I added in the candles which I felt really helped to contextualise the shape. I based the chandelier off of an 1800 chandelier image found on google, but I knew that in order for it to work within my design that I was going to have to add some bright colour. I contemplated making the candles glow brightly like they were actually alight but I wasn't sure how big this element would actually be within my design so I opted not to.
 Since I used blue in the swan pieces, I opted to use the pink in this one- only small hints of it but enough to make it a little bit brighter.

Overall really happy with the chandelier although I do think that its only going to be a small element within the entire pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment