Friday 14 February 2014

Some things to think about....

I had my meeting with Val in order to get a better idea of what was wanted for the brief, I am somewhat confused. But I feel a bit more confident than before.

Key Phrases that came up in our meeting:
red and white 
arrow
cool/quirky/high gloss finish/cuts closeups/ cameras in after effects?
sunset/ nighttime
journey shots close ups
animation
main entertainment - evening show 
lively 
girls and boy presenters 3boys 4 girls
specific order of landmarks
storyboard - duke of yorks legs
ending up latest music bar
red light live on air end up i the studio 
motorbike- mods and rockers
look up locations
variety of styles.
cuts closeups/ cameras in after effects? 
more slick- hand drawn but slick-

Issues that concern me

It almost sounds like whats wanted is a 3d animation which is obviously not possible for me since we have only explored 2d animation.

Using After effects cameras- never done it but a bit more confident in figuring them out

Not hand drawn - so it can be hand drawn cause I have no idea how to make animations otherwise but it has to not look hand drawn.- Im ok with this I'll just have to monitor myself because its my natural method of drawing.

Slick style- this really concerns me- the idea was for the opening sequence to be cool and quirky but quirky in my head doesnt necessarily correlate with slickness. Also I am not very good at slick I dont think I've ever successfully managed slick- every time Ive tried its come out bright and loud and quirky.

The plan

Val and I both agreed that its definitely going to have to be well storyboarded before hand in order to get all the shots in order. It was also decided that I have to explore some styles- and then Val said she would help pick out the preferred style. I have a few ideas revolving around drawings and photographs and merging the two together with like a map of Brighton in the background that I plan on presenting as well as some of the ideas that  discussed in our meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment