Monday 24 February 2014

Short animation videos...

Mostly I was very stuck on inspiration for this project. I'd looked up other opening credits but none of it was really inspirational. I wanted to look into videos that had more of a story (since my opening credits follows a journey through Brighton). I also wanted to get visual style ideas as well since I have yet to settle on one.



The video above was one that I found very fun- the illustrations were by Celeste potter - I personally love the hand drawn illustrations which work well with the song and the events that occur in the animation. Jagged edges help to draw the eye and separate the background from the foreground and I like how this makes a simple and bold world. The animation has been made specifically for the song so it has been well timed. The visuals reference the lyrics and although initially the pace is slow the journey does speed up and there are some smoothish transitions between locations. Because the main characters are constantly moving the sliding backgrounds work well, any clunkiness is hidden by the overall visuality. I don't think that Latest TV is really looking for this style but I definitely plan to consider the rolling scene transitions since I also have to display a similar location transition.



The video above consist of 3 second stings as well- I like the overall style, the transitions and movements are very dynamic. The visuals are very smooth and retro looking- i like the quirkiness of the stickers which integrates some humour and I think that this is the concept that Latest Tv are looking for.  Its very smooth and sleek the shapes all link together well and each scene change swipes with a shape. The colours are contrasting and bright emphasising each element without breaking continuity.  The brick shapes remain in the same place and I like how the scene balances each place smoothly transitioning until the suitcase returns and closes.



I looked into motorcycle animations since my theme is motorbikes/mopeds and whilst I like the initial style the journey is boring and long. Although I do like the scene transitions that roll into frame since it keeps the movement very mild and fluid.



I liked the style of the people within this advert- theres a smooth retro (ness) to the visuality and I particularly like the introduction of texture that helps to differentiate between the background and foreground (I plan on experimenting with texture in my own visuals). The spinning transitions are my favourite ones because they are the smoothest- the opera house spins and transforms into the next scene which I think helps to ensure the fluidity and concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment