Monday 17 February 2014

The old Latest TV Brighton Lights show...

Brighton Lights show...



In a few of the videos Ive watched Brighton Lights didnt seem to use any opening credits, the show began with a small latest tv indent and then went straight into the program. Val did say that the opening sound might be included so its good to know that I might have to incorporate that within the credits. Having said this Val also said that the show is undergoing a huge revamp- everything is going to look a lot sleeker and smoother than the clunky poorly lit segments from the original so I plan on trying to make my design reflect the revamp rather than the original show.

 The top section has a little latest Tv logo - I dont think that this is my design area (I believe it would come under the indents section) Having said this its good to be aware of the size in general - It might also be a good idea for the lower thirds to match the style of the little logo for continuities sake.
 The screen shot above shows the in-between section sting (at least I think this is what its meant by sting) Black white and red seem to be the overarching colour scheme, I would obviously continue using this but I would like to incorporate some splashes of blue and possibly cream- although this is only and initial thought to jazz it up a little- its a bit generic? Brighton lights strikes me as a lighthearted cool show (which was also clarified by Val) so I think the palette should reflect this.
An example of lower thirds logo in the left hand corner faded red background line with top side text. Simple white writing is easy to read but im not sure if its too generic- should it emulate Brighton lights- or the whole channel?

No comments:

Post a Comment