Sunday 9 February 2014

Various Layouts of pattern....

Before creating my design elements I always had the notion that I would have to mirror my elements in order to create a more balanced pattern.  Although I created my elements in Illustrator I opted to make my entire pattern within Photoshop which made it easier to position elements. However it took a few different element placements before I found the variation that I liked.


I think the pattern above looks too crowded, theres too many wax seals and I think that they are too big within the space. I managed to create a nice frame using my mirrored swans but I think the wax seal within the frame detracts from the focal chandelier element.
 I got rid of the additional seals and made the ones left smaller which I think looks much much better, I also made the peacocks a wee bit smaller and placed the chandelier centrally within the swan frame, I am a lot happier with this positioning it gives each aspect some much needed breathing space.

I wasnt sure if my preferred style was a bit too crowded so I played around with a less crowded version but I think it looks too empty now especially since a lot of Kidston prints are also very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment