Thursday 14 November 2013

Alcohol Advertising Laws

Before looking into Apps and promo's I wanted first to clarify the laws revolving around alcohol and alcohol advertising.  
I have found that alcohol adverts must not:
Be directed at people under the age of 18, or contain anything that could appeal to them (reflecting youth culture).
Link the consumption of alcohol to irresponsible behaviour, success or attractiveness.
The placement of these adverts within Radio and TV must be considered carefully, Alcohol adverts are banned from appearing around programmes created for those under 18. 
I couldnt find any laws that specifically related to apps but I'm assuming that there are going to be the same as those that directly effect the TV. An app cannot be marketed or sold to anyone under the legal age (all of which seems fairly obvious anyway. Drinks companies are legally required to target 18's and overs as well). I've decided to design an App promoting the Brothers brand whose target market is 18 and above so I will have to be careful with my design that I don't accidentally market to a younger age group. It shouldn't be too much of a problem since i plan to try and keep my design fairly generic so it relates to a wider audience.
http://www.asa.org.uk/News-resources/Hot-Topics/Alcohol.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment