Tuesday 19 November 2013

Trailers/Promo's With Strong Musical Influence...

Music was an aspect highlighted in our brief and although a lot of the promo's I looked into had a musical presence I wanted to look into trailers (animated trailers in particular since this is what we have to create) that really highlighted the music. As well as this I wanted to look out how other brands have visually portrayed their brands within adverts.




I actually really love the I-tunes advert because its so simple but its got a great style, the bright blocks of colour that change with each silhouette really helps to indicate the wide audience. But mostly I love the vibrancy and I definitely want to experiment with blocks of colour particularly since my brand manipulates bold blue and yellows. The integration of the beat within the dance moves and the cuts works really well and I like how sometimes the words are being mimed by the variety of characters. One of my favourite trailers so far especially since its very fast paced as well. Again its clean clear and devoid of any texture which matches the apple brand.




The new John Lewis Christmas advert was one that I've seen on TV recently (although of course the subject matter relates in no way to my own) and theres a clear musical influence which I think really makes the trailer. Whilst I find the whole styling of the trailer incredibly sweet and I love the two characters and the overall message, I think its Lily Allen's saccharine vocals that really helps to embed the tone and message to the trailer. The lighter segment of the music times perfectly to the happier ending and theres a clear sense of friendship thats conveyed through the music. What starts as a fairly melancholy song appropriately lightens which is visually displayed through the animation. The animation itself is gorgeous, the 2D characters are perfectly balanced between realism and flat cartoon and contrast against the small sections of reality- the 3D present and the more realistic trees and background setting. The lighting is also impeccable which introduces some lovely shadows, a golden glow and easy transitions between the seasons. The text element is also really lovely - small sentences at the beginning and the end that help to round of the story and give it a story book theme.




The Factory Coca Cola advert is actually really impressive and I like how the fantastical element is introduced through this little factory world. The music matches that styling implicitly and I like how sound effects have been used to generate a realism. Theres a good sense of pacing to the trailer which is exemplified by the music. The branding is evident through the label and at the end of the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment