Thursday 14 November 2013

High West Whiskey and Hardy's Wine brand Initial Research

High West Whiskey

I decided to look into Whiskey's because I liked the idea of a Wild West, cowboy's and indians style of  app and game. High West Whiskey has a heritage that goes back to the 1800's (the era that is considered to be the Wild West). And its clear from its website that High West Whiskey has branded itself in the style of the Wild West. Im instantly reminded of the old Wanted posters and again there is a clear textural element, and the rich browns that have been used remind me a great deal of leather.


Although I am particularly enamoured by the Wild West styling and generating a shootout cowboy style app, I dont think that this idea really matched the target audience which to my mind is older men. As well as this I think that this idea might also be too cliche and unoriginal.
http://www.highwest.com/our-story/our-saloon-history/

 Hardy's wine is an Australian wine, I wanted to look into Australian wines because of my Kangaroo initial idea and Hardy's was one of the first wines that came up within my search.  From the look of the website the wine looks sophisticated and luxurious which could create a very dark  and sleek app. Since the wine is very much aimed at the older generation (35's-60's) which can be determined by the whole styling of  the wine and its labels.  I don't think a game would be appropriate considering the market and the sophistication of the brand.
I plan on investigating ciders since I think that they will have a younger target audience that would enable me to generate an app or game thats more fun.
http://hardyswines.com/uk/grape-types/shiraz/

No comments:

Post a Comment