Tuesday 19 November 2013

Pop Art- Andy Warhol...

I was inspired by the I-tunes advert to look into pop art which of course instantly led me to Andy Warhol, the blocks of colour used look brilliant and the flat simplicity of the style could be translated easily into my app.

The Monroe screenprints are probably the most famous out of his work, I love the colours used, how blocks of colour dominate the background and only hints of texture are introduced through the shading, it definitely has a hippie feel which would match the Glastonbury roots of my brand and would be iconic enough perhaps to ensure interest.


Andy Warhols flowers are incredibly simple (simplicity is the key to my app so I want to try and keep the app style simple too). The bright solid flowers contrast with the grass background texture - Perhaps I could mimic this using fruit? 


I like the repetition evident within the Campbells soup screenprint, its something that I would definitely like to mimic since I think its a really fun way to convey something quickly- I could fill the promo with repeats of the different fruit. Or all the different bottles perhaps!


No comments:

Post a Comment