Tuesday 19 November 2013

Alcohol Adverts...

I've looked into app trailers but I wasnt too impressed with the ones that I found so I decided to look into trailers promoting the alcohol itself since I think they'd me more visually interesting elements that could be looked into.

I began by looking at a trailer for my chosen brand: Brothers.




The trailer starts by focusing on the fruit which then explodes  in a myriad of colour (an aspect that I liked from the Strongbow cider posters and really want to include within my game design). Before then using the festival aspect of its heritage to display the actual bottles of cider. There is a great deal of movement and although people are used within the second half its a generic party atmosphere which I think helps to really clarify Brothers' market, festival goers ages 18-25. This is something I want to focus on because I think it would make for some fantastic visuals. Although the second half of the trailer is quite dark the vivid bottle colours and fruit colouring really initiate contrast. The end of the trailer display close ups of the bottle and brand which also really elucidates the Brothers brand something I may consider within my own trailer although of course I would have to end on a picture of the Brothers app or something of that nature.



Since I loved the Strongbow posters, I decided to look into the trailer for the Strongbow pear cider. Its a great trailer in terms of musicality. The music (extreme music win or die) matches the movements perfectly climaxing when the fruit explodes an element visually displayed in the poster. The barren landscape also creates drama and the silhouetted man is broke up only by the green eyes which match the colouring of the pear. Long wide angles shots create scope and there really is a great sense of theatricality which is also highlighted and perhaps established through the dramatic instrumental music. I like how the bottle and brand which is shown at the end of the trailer is linked to the bow and arrow figure by two green arrows that land within frame which gives it continuity.




I also looked at the Bulmers trailer because from what I've seen they've got some really fun branding. Unlike the others this trailer has more of a storyline and focuses on three individuals. Once again Bulmers is being branded at younger people 20-26 in this advert and the advert begins with the three individuals partying (cider seems to be branded for party goers perhaps because of age). I like the sense of movement and the reverse nature of the trailer which makes the actions being depicted more interesting.  I also like the part where the colourful clouds of dust are introduced which I think works really well visually. Although I cant say I really liked the music it did work well with what was going on onscreen and initiated a jazzy upbeat feel which matches the party goers branding. The Bulmers brand is further solidified at the end of the trailer which cements the cider in the audiences mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment