Wednesday 13 November 2013

Alcohol Brands Initial Research...

The brief that we've been given is incredibly broad, we can choose any brand of alcohol, and the app can be devised for one of two purposes to inform and or to entertain. Initially my first response would be to develop a game since I think that would be more fun for me to develop and I think would make an app designed to promote a brand more interesting. Although I plan on looking into some existing informational apps before I  fully decide on the angle that I'm going to develop for.

I have 5 initial brands of alcohol that instantly spring to mind that I'm going to use as a starting point for my research. Below I've taken these brands of alcohol and started to use word associations to generate some ideas.

High West Whiskey- The Wild West, cowboys and indians, saloons, shoot-outs, pirates.

Game ideas for Whiskey: Shoot-out game between two characters, shoot the whiskey off the saloon bar using the tap motion.

Hardy's Australian Wine- Kangaroo's, aboriginal art, cork hats, cave paintings.

Game ideas for Hardy's: Tap the kangaroo to crush the grapes, the faster you tap within the time limit the more wine you make, cork the bottles of wine by tilting the cork hat into position.

Crabbies Ginger Beer and Ginger wine- 50's style artwork, christmas, women, flared dresses.

Game ideas for Crabbies: recipe game? steeping the ginger, possible getting the ginger into Scotland- ship/pirate game.

Absinthe - Green fairy, 1800's, prohibition, speakeasies, 1920's, jazz, deco, gangsters and flappers

Game ideas for Absinthe: smuggle the alcohol into the speakeasy, gangsters, flappers perhaps a Bugsy Malone style game.

Brothers Cider- Bulmers, Magners, Brothers- Some form of apple based drink, country, hippie, farmyard, orchards, 60's 70s.

Game ideas for cider: fling the apples, squeeze the juice, rotten apples Vs good apples, angry apples style game. Possibly explore the hippie art style.

Im not entirely sure which angle I'm going to look into now I like the richness of the culture to the Australian wine but the cider would also be interesting due to the hippy aspect. I'd have to do more research into both brands before making a decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment