Tuesday 19 November 2013

Trailers/Promo's for Alcohol Apps...

After looking into some alcohol apps it made sense to look at how they were advertised. Since I'd looked into the general app store advertisement I wanted to see how an app with its specific brand and purpose was advertised.




The Stella Artois 9 step pouring ritual app uses a voice over to explain the game, with each level of the game being displayed accompanied by the various movements needed to complete the level. Theres a range of movements which I think keeps the game interesting although the trailer is informative I think it should be able to be seen in its own right and be enticing without having to visually display the steps of the game. The trailer ends by using kinetic text which displays the Stella Artois website which helps its branding. They have definitely designed the app specifically for the iPhone which is highlighted through the various movements as well as the clean white background and hand tap element that mimics that of the app store trailer already researched.


The Trailer above is for the Absolut cocktail app, the app itself isn't very memorable at all but initially the trailer actually avoided the phone as an outline and tap the various elements as the previous promos have. It began by having the glasses appear in long lines and fading out to square icons that are elements within the app. I actually think it would work better if the app avoided the classic phone tap for a while because I think it would be more interesting and allow for a smoother movement. Something I plan on using within my own 15 second promo - I also think that because I have a shorter amount of time for mine it would be faster to avoid the phone tap portrayal.

No comments:

Post a Comment