Tuesday 22 October 2013

Backgrounds

Since I have a lot of hand-drawn elements I thought that it would be too overwhelming to also have hand-drawn backgrounds so after looking at the Paper Planes video again I thought that a crumpled paper background would work really well in offsetting my characters. My colour palette was very much inspired by Wallis' work and I kept to darker shades of  colour. 
 The royal blue above will be used for the hydro power element of my animation, although I plan on integrating elements of texture through additional brush strokes.
 The brown above will be used for most of my backgrounds since its fairly neutral- and I have already used photoshop to darken the edges so it wont look the same in every scene. Using it as a representation of the sky will mean that I wont have to introduce any more blues and I can keep the overall look of the backgrounds simple and contrasting.
There is only a small amount of grass within my animation so I found a relatively dark green to create the hills - I can always lighten or darken depending on my other elements using photoshop or a semi transparent box of colour  overlaid in Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment