Tuesday 22 October 2013

General Style- Illustrator Scenes

Since Illustrator files are compatible with After Effects I have placed all of my drawing and characters in there respective scenes which are dictated through my story board. Placing different characters and objects on different layers so I can add motion to the specific layer that needs it.

 I decided just to use a handwritten font in the end since none of my typography choices matched the arty, rough playful style of my frames, I wrote it capitals to keep the writing legible and tried to space the letters so that they were also readable. I used green and and  a thicker stroke on certain words to really help to cement my point.


 My hamster is probably going to be the most difficult to animate and i plan on switching between two leg movements and using a slow rotation on the wheel to create a jaunty playful motion that I think will match the style more so than a faster smoother movement.

 Im not too keen on the grey colour scheme in the Lights on scene but since the frame isn't very long I don't mind leaving it- mostly I just needed a way to define the dark lights out and how it then changes to really highlight that the light has indeed turned on! The light switch sound effect should also be helpful in iterating this. The yellow glow and each star on separate layers and I plan for them to pop into existence with the possibility of some kind of crackly small movement effect.
 The water power is my favourite scene since I love the shades of blue evident, as well as the rotational movement of the turbines i plan on also having some kind of water movement as well.
I really like the contrast of my brown paper background and I'm really pleased with my visual style, although based very much on Sala's work I think I've managed to make it my own through colour and texture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment