Tuesday 22 October 2013

The Hamster


I created my hamster first using Illustrator, I used several chalk effect brushes and a range of brown shades to generate his character. I tried to make him look rough but not overly messy and I think I've succeeded, initially I thought the outline was too much but actually I think it works with the hand-drawn style since it reminds me of charcoal. I think my hamster looks very cute which is helped by the dot eyes (originally I was going to draw an exaggerated human style eye, but thought better of it when I realised that hamsters had beady eyes). Ive also created two different leg movements (the positions of which I simple swapped over, so the background legs are now in the foreground positions and vice versa) and plan on switching between the two to create a jaunty playful movement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment