Friday 11 October 2013

Music Choices

Since I've got a rough idea about whats going into my animation I wanted to really investigate my music options- since I have got a text element within my animation I knew that I wasn't going to include a voice over. From my research I knew that my music choice was crucial in conveying tone and pace so finding the perfect song was necessary to help drive my animation. Ideally the music I plan on using has to be upbeat, relatively fast paced and most importantly happy.




Bob Marley's Dont Worry Be happy was one of the first songs that sprung to mind, it has a medium paced even rhythm thats simple and constant something that I think is needed to generate a happy tone that conveys an "optimistic future" thats specified in the brief itself. Theres a 35 second long intro without words that would be perfect to use for my animation. Having said this the lyrics themselves are actually pretty harmless and would really cement this eco options= future happiness into my project.




I felt that looking into instrumental tracks may also be prudent so the words don't have to interfere with the animation. Mark Ronsons inversion was fast bouncy and had a lot of brass elements in it so it has a happy tone and a deeper cheerful timbre. I do however think that it would be hard to cut it and it could be too fast to work. The underlying beat isn't as rhythmic as I would have liked either but music will be determined by my animatic.




I also briefly considered Queens A Crazy Little Thing Called Love because it has great bounce and I thought that the lyrics could once again relate to loving the planet and saving it through eco options. Theres a constant rhythm and if i cut the first 25 seconds I could end on the first round of a crazy little thing called love. Again i'm not entirely convinced but its definitely a strong contender.

No comments:

Post a Comment