Monday 21 October 2013

Storyboard



This is my storyboard for my final idea. My idea really began and developed from this concept of a hamster running in a wheel and being able to power a house, which was pretty much an original thought although it was inspired by the hamster power stickers researched very early on in the project. Most of my movement will be rotational spinning turbines, wheels, and hamsters will generate most of the movement within my animation. Because I started with this idea of hamster power I opted to start my animation with this movement and then display some more sensible methods of reducing the carbon footprint. I was initially a little worried that including this hamster element would be a little too random but I decided that it actually helped to initiate one of the animation principles: humour.  Since I liked the hamster element  and the humour it integrated I continued to develop the idea regardless. I had already established that renewable energy was going to be one of my themes since it has a big impact on the carbon footprint and I also included a small grow your own veg section because it helped to transition between the hamster and renewable energy, but also because I wanted to portray two extremes - big ways on reducing our emissions and small ways. I plan on using a lot of rotational movements to transition between scenes and the hamster will also make an appearance at the end of the animation to make it seem as though the hamster has come full circle. A small amount of text will be used to really cement the themes within my animation which will also help to reinforce my concept. Overall so far really pleased with the idea and I have a fairly good idea of my visual style.

No comments:

Post a Comment