Sunday 13 October 2013

Felicita Sala Artist Visual Style...

Because i've finally clarified my visual style I decided that I should the Illustrator responsible for generating the artwork used in the Paper Planes animation from which I am basing my style.
I don't intend to put any people onto my animation but I love the humour thats been generated and the simplistic yet textural style thats created and I could draw my scarecrow in this style. The faces are are contained and theres a definate emphasis on shape which is something i'm going to include.
http://littlecommas.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/opeople.jpg


Because I plan on drawing animals I looked into a lot od her animal drawings. Although Sala uses watercolours I think that I can recreate this effect in Illustrator. I love the simple shapes that have been used to create the animal, the textural elements and the complexity is introduced via the scratchy strokes which create points of detail. There is a lot of fun and I would consider this a more sophisticated style of cartoon that would definately soon my needs.
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/83/ae/af/83aeaf85e1580a8fab2a3b2435361457.jpg

Since I will be drawing bits of veg I looked into some of her work related to ingredients. The colours used were vibrant and there is a slight elongation to the watering can which if used could refer back to the animation principle exaggeration.  I also really like the typography on this piece which has a quirky feel which once again related to the overall poster. 
http://a1.s6img.com/cdn/0007/p/1334201_14909272_lz.jpg
I loved the colours evident on the birds again something to consider- I originally planned to use browns and deep colours but the pastel vibrancy of the birds are highly striking. I love how the detailing uses simple lines and shape to create the impression of feathers. This is something I certainly plan on employing when drawing my hamster- i'd originally planned on using simple lines but I think i may now also include some select shapes too!
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/31/8a/14/318a146d99cf216ce099ca4f8668922b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment